Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mostly good...

Cece made it through her surgery like a champ. She went to sleep very peacefully in the ER (I was allowed to go back with her) and woke up pretty upset in recovery, but a little morphine took care of that. We are not in the Children's Hospital as they ran out of room, so instead we are in the "satellite" which is the old ICU wing of the main hospital. It's ok, although I really wish there was a bathroom in this unit...so that will be interesting tonight. We do have the most fabulous nurse who is very experienced with sickle cell patients so that is definitely a plus. The problem at the moment is that her IV clotted and now they have to redo it...which is not good....she's a very hard stick. I'm praying it's not as bad as it has been in the past.

Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts! They're truly appreciated!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad that things went well. I hope that her IV replacement goes quickly and painlessly. Take care!

Karin said...

I'm glad things went well! I hope the new IV goes smoothly-I know how hard that can be. I hope you guys get to go home soon- we'll keep you all in our prayers.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Glad things are progressing and she is such a little trooper! Can't wait to read more wonderful updates!

Rose said...

I'm glad the surgery went well and that Cece is doing ok. I'm sure having her adenoids removed will help, I know it did with Sara. Hopefully you'll be home soon, Take care:)