Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pray for MeWe participate in "Pray for Me... Pray for Others" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to add your prayer request. Join a community of friends who care about you, and hope you will care about them.


There's so many people that I could ask for prayers for today. It seems that every day I hear of another person who is suffering with illness, struggling with financial problems, or having some other trial. So for today, I have only posted a few of those prayers on Riggs' blog...and there will be plenty to add for next week!

I haven't written the rest of the Madison visit story as of yet...and it's not going to get done tonight, either. Perhaps tomorrow! We did get the remainder of Cece's CBC results, and as the nurse put it, all were "excellent!" Reticulocyte, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit had all incresed slightly since her last draw in October. This would always be great news, but is particularly good to hear as we are at a point where her fetal hemoglobin is, most likely, no longer present in her system. Fetal Hemoglobin has protective qualities for people with sickle cell disease and remains in the blood stream for months to years after a child is born. So this has been a secret worry of mine as of late...what if she has been doing so well (in SCD terms) because of Fetal Hb? Of course there is no way to know, and only time will tell what her prognosis will be. For now, I'm just pleased as punch to hear the word "excellent" in relation to a blood test.

Please keep Abby in your prayers. She is having a rough go of it. Also, please pray for Cheri, who is battling multiple myeloma. She is the mother of one of my staff members and it has been a very long and difficult road for their family. May God bless all of them and comfort them.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

What wonderful news about Cece's CBC results. I know how anxious I am as I wait for results and wonder about the reasons behind the good (or bad) numbers, I can't imagine the anxiety when they're results for your child.

I would love to see the profile you made for Cece... we appreciate any help we can get, as this lifebook is our one chance to introduce ourselves to birth mothers. I know God is in control and he has a birth mother out there for us, but human instinct still prevails that we want to do our best. How should i get you my email... just leave it as a post? Thanks!

Love, Meredith