Monday, March 16, 2009

Surgery schedule and a few pictures

We are leaving for Madison sometime this morning...well, who am I kidding, we're not packed yet so it will probably be this afternoon. I'm waiting for the call from the hospital to find out exactly what time Cece's surgery will be tomorrow morning and if I have a chance I'll post it here. I have had varying levels of anxiety about it throughout the week and have been praying for peace quite a bit. For the moment, peace is present, and being only 2 (well, almost 3) Cece is blissfully ignorant. I think it's best that way!


If you're not already following Abby's story, she is having surgery today. Please say a prayer for her and for the surgeons that will be performing her procedure. She still has no white blood cells so it is dangerous but unfortunately necessary. She's already been through so much more than any 4-year old should have to endure.


On a happier note, here's a few snapshots from the last couple of weeks!


Alec joined Cece during a catnap in our bed. So for all of those people who are always asking if they are really brother and sister...I think this covers it. It's not all about biology!


I'm bragging a little...but I was really proud of these cornrows! It's my 4th attempt over the last few months and the first one that really came out looking respectable. I redid them last night so that we will have no-maintenance hair during this week's hospital stay.



We had chocolate cake for Aunt Pat's birthday. Cece saw the cake on the counter and literally CRIED when I put it in the refrigerator and told her that she had to eat dinner first! So when cake time finally came, she dug in like the carb queen that she is and polished it off. When completely satiated with chocolate yumminess, she simply looked at me and said, "Mommy, I happy!"






How sweet is that?


UPDATE: Surgery is scheduled for 11:30. That's about 3 hours later than we had hoped for, as no food is allowed after midnight. All we can hope is that tomorrow is one of her "I don't want to eat" days as opposed to one of her "I'm going to eat everything I see" days. I just called RMC house to verify that we have a room and they are full...so I am supposed to call back after 2 to see if we have a room or not. If not, they'll get us a hotel room. We'll wait and see...

3 comments:

Jen said...

We will be praying for you all tomorrow.

That photo of your two kiddos napping is absolutely adorable!!!

It was great to see you yesterday.

Take care.

Missy said...

She will be in our thoughts and prayers.. Keep us updated...

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm thinking about your little girl during this whole surgery process. Great pictures!